A beauty strapped in leather is what all men wish for. Well, the ‘Show Business’ briefcase from Kenneth Cole is one such temptress. The awe-inspiring luggage from a fashion giant is exactly the kind of decadent luxury that you need to splurge on. You spend most of your day at work. Every moment, every action can affect the people around you. A corporate walking in and settling down the Show Business briefcase is the ultimate fashion statement. Kenneth Cole always bring you the finest and this briefcase is no different. Armed with efficient compartments to house all your essential office-gear, these will start impressing the clients before you even set up the presentation. “We have also written a complete guide about best briefcases for men“.
Design and Features
The impressive Kenneth Cole Reaction Show Business briefcase is flap-over bag which clearly distinguishes itself from the messenger bags people carry to work these days. This is a professional luggage through and through. On the outside you only see two buckles strapping down the flap to the bottom. There’s a handle which is not attached to the flap. In a brilliant move, Kenneth Cole placed this handle on the main body of the briefcase. It peeks out through a gap sized according to it. This way, the weight of the bag will not be borne by the flap when you hold it by the handle.
Another way to carry the briefcase is by the shoulder strap. The strap has a shoulder drop of 20 inches which is optimum for average height. The strap is removable with carabiner clip attachments and adjustable for length. A thick and gentle shoulder pad distributes the weight evenly across the shoulder when you wear the Show Business briefcase this way.
Once you pull back the flap of the Kenneth Cole Reaction Show Business briefcase, you see an open-top compartment. It has a cellphone holder pocket, two pen holders and 3 card slots. This compartment also has a zipped pocket and rest of the place can be used to store papers like tickets, files etc. accessibly.
The main compartment is zipped. Inside, it has a padded laptop pouch closed via a Velcro strap. This can hold up to 15.4-inch laptops.The padding is soft and robust enough to shield the laptop against any damage. The other pocket has space for folders and 3 pockets built on to the wall. You can store laptop accessories like charger, USB cable etc. here. You can also fit in your phone charger and umbrella.
The next compartment of the Kenneth Cole Reaction Show Business briefcase is a zipped pocket. It is a simple pouch where you can store files or even a change of clothes. It is left uncluttered by pockets so that you can utilize it according to your personal purposes. You can fit in a second laptop here.
The buckles and zippers are of well-constructed, durable material. They will not fall apart with constant use.
- Physical measurements
The Kenneth Cole Reaction Show Business briefcase measures 16×12.5×4 inches. It is a compact bag that does not shrimp on space. It weighs 3.6 pounds which is an average amount and cuts down the overall weight on your shoulders.
Other notable characteristics:
- Buckles: The buckles in the front of the Kenneth Cole Reaction Show Business are not for show, they are the real deal. They unbuckle the traditional way, so you need to be ready to spend time opening and closing the bag. The cheaper briefcases go for magnetic snaps with buckles designed over them just for show. Kenneth Cole is not one for smearing such mud over tradition.
- Material: Kenneth Cole Reaction Show Business is made of full-grain cowhide leather. The full-grain leather is the strongest and most robust leather. It stumps the next lower quality leather, the top grain leather, by a long shot. KCP uses nothing but the best in this briefcase.
- Leather smell: Most authentic leather products have this great aroma of leather around them. Show Business offers you the same experience
- Fakes: If you are planning to buy this Kenneth Cole Reaction briefcase online, beware. Many sellers have been pilfering from customers by sending them genuine leather bag, which is the lower-quality leather. They do not have the same premium finish as the original briefcase.
- Blemishes: The distressed look of the leather material is hot this fashion season. You may observe that the color you order is slightly different from the color shown on e-commerce websites. This is because full-grain leather cannot be forced to behave in a particular manner. Its authenticity lies in its individual coloring.
- Colors: Speaking of colors, the Kenneth Cole Reaction Show Business comes in five. Apart from normal black and tan, there are coffee brown, chestnut brown and charcoal black models of this luggage.
How to clean it?
When you are investing heavily in a briefcase, you should know how to maintain it. Do check out the instructions from Kenneth Cole in this regard before heeding to our cleaning advice. Use a soft dry cloth every day after work to give your bag a clean down. If you are too lazy to be regular on this, you can use a soft, damp (not wet) cloth to wipe the grime down at the end of the week. Make sure that the cloth is not wet. It can damage the leather. Slight dampness will do. “We have also written a complete guide about best canvas briefcases for men“.
You can also go for a mild leather cleaning lotions for cleaning if you bought the tan color and unwittingly dropped marinara sauce on it. They are available aplenty at the local supermarkets.
- Full-grain leather make
- 3 card slots, 2 pen holders, smartphone pocket
- 4 inch padded laptop compartment and accessories pocket
- 20 inch removable adjustable shoulder strap
- Handle to hold the briefcase
- Genuine buckles in the front
- Robust zippers and buckles
- No luggage sleeve to attach it on the handle of a spinner suitcase
- Heavier than some canvas bags
The Kenneth Cole Reaction Show Business briefcase is an artist’s dream. The haute couture yet understated look of this luggage is a great conversation starter and deal-maker. It is straight out of Devil Wears Prada.